Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the trees


    TREES

        by: Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)

        THINK that I shall never see
        A poem lovely as a tree.
         
        A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
        Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
         
        A tree that looks at God all day,
        And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
         
        A tree that may in Summer wear
        A nest of robins in her hair;
         
        Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
        Who intimately lives with rain.
         
        Poems are made by fools like me,
        But only God can make a tree.



I love this poem 
one of the bests, for me!
this used to ease my boredom riding a tricycle to and from
 the OLD Davao International Airport  to Lanang Road. 
There used to be signages bearing every stanza of this poem on the roadside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLASSES WILL START REGARDLESS OF....